Data Analytics and Data Science Boot Camps in Tucson and Phoenix
If you can envision yourself combing through mountains of data looking for insights and trends, then a career as a data analyst may be the perfect position for you. One way to enter the data analytics and data science fields is to enroll in a boot camp. Here’s an overview of data analytics and data science boot camps in Tucson and Phoenix, Arizona.
Some boot camps combine data science and data analytics. There are also boot camps for each specialty.
Why Tucson and Phoenix?
Phoenix is the Arizona capital, home to 1.7 million people, and is also the fifth-largest city in the nation, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Over the past several decades, Phoenix and its suburbs have become home to high-tech companies. With Arizona State University, one of the nation’s largest public universities by enrollment, in nearby Tempe, the region is home to data science and data analytics employment opportunities.
Behind Phoenix, Tucson is the second-largest city in Arizona. It’s home to mountain ranges, canyons, desert flowers and the University of Arizona. It also offers opportunities in the fields of data science and data analytics.
How to Choose the Best Data Science and Data Analytics Boot Camps in Tucson and Phoenix for You
You may be wondering what to look for in data analytics and data science boot camps in Tucson and Phoenix. What makes one better than the rest? Here are a few details to consider:
- Curriculum: Is the boot camp curriculum based on relevant, real-world needs? Does it match up with the skills you hope to learn? The right boot camp for you aligns with your data analytics learning goals.
- Career services: Many boot camp programs offer professional development services such as portfolio reviews, soft-skills training, recruiting assistance and interview preparation.
- Length: Program length is an important factor. How soon do you want to finish the boot camp? Do you need an accelerated program, or can you take a few months to complete your training?
- Cost: How much can you afford to spend on data analytics bootcamps in Tucson and Phoenix? Know your budget, and look into financial assistance. Many boot camps offer monthly or delayed payment plans through an income-sharing agreement.
- Mode: Part- and full-time boot camps are available via in-person and online formats. Which mode is best for your schedule? Can you attend full time, or do you need flexibility to study while you maintain your job?
Data Science vs. Data Analytics Boot Camps in Tucson and Phoenix
Data science and data analytics are similar, but what are the differences between these two fields?
Their goals are very different. Data science is a wider, overarching field having to do with data, while data analytics is more specific and concentrated.
Data analysis answers questions generated from data to uncover actionable items. With this data, one can make better decisions. Data analysis checks a hypothesis and focuses more on historical data in context.
Data science focuses on discovering new questions from data. It tries to build connections and shapes the questions to be answered later. Data science blends machine learning and predictive modeling.
Big Data Companies in Tucson and Phoenix
One of Tucson’s employers, the University of Arizona, is helping bring the future of tech to the city. UA’s Tech Launch Arizona helps bring the university’s inventions into the marketplace, while its Tech Parks aims to attract tech companies and talent.
Big data companies in Tucson include:
You can discover more Tucson companies through the Tucson Metro Chamber. If you’re an entrepreneur looking to build your own data analytics business, consider connecting with fellow entrepreneurs, mentors or investors through Startup Tucson.
Besides Arizona State University, several major banks and companies make their home in the region. The state of Arizona, city of Phoenix and county of Maricopa also are major employers and data users.
Big data firms with a presence in Phoenix include:
The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce may connect you with other information and individuals doing business in the Valley of the Sun region.
Last updated: August 2020