- HTML establishes the structural elements of a site like headings, paragraphs or embedded images.
- CSS controls the style of the HTML content including the fonts and colors.
- Create a webpage color palette.
- Implement a copyright notice on a page.
- Build a website scrolling menu.
- Add the time to a page.
- Stack Overflow (Forum): Built by developers for developers, Stack Overflow is an online, open-community forum where people may exchange code, look for a new job, and ask questions in private and public Q&A forums. Its mission is to help developers write the code for the future. There’s also a Stack Overflow for business that lets teams collaborate or helps hiring managers find new talent. It’s an open source platform that helps new and experienced coders learn from one another.
The median annual salary for web developers was $77,200 in 2020, according to the BLS. The top 10% of earners made more than $146,430; the bottom 10% earned less than $40,750. Per the BLS, here are some of the top industries in which web developers worked (and what they made) in 2020:
- Publishing industries (except internet) – $123,870
- Computer systems design and similar services – $75,450
- Management, scientific and technical consulting services – $70,790
- Advertising, public relations and similar services – $71,930
Last updated: April 2022