How to Become a Business Analyst in 2022
Certificate in Business Analytics
Harvard’s 9-month certificate program equips high-level executives with the data and analytics skill set to lead their organizations to the industry forefront.
- Live online classes in a webcam-enabled online classroom
- Case-based lessons pioneered by Harvard Business School (HBS) faculty
- In-person learning experiences at immersions hosted on Harvard Business School’s campus in Boston
Master of Science in Business Analytics
Earn your MS in Business Analytics online from Pepperdine University. Learn advanced tools like Python, Tableau, SQL, Hadoop, and Excel.
- Complete in as few as 16 months
- Delivered by an AACSB-accredited school
- Earn a specialized business master’s degree
Master of Science in Analytics
American University’s online MS in Analytics program prepares students to apply data analysis skills to real-world business practices. The program can be completed in 12 months. No GMAT/GRE required.
- No GMAT or GRE scores required to apply
- AACSB accredited
- Complete in as few as 12 months
Steps to Become a Business Analyst
1. Earn a bachelor’s degree.
2. Pursue an advanced degree in business analytics, data science, statistics, computer science, information management, finance or economics.
3. Fine-tune your technical skills and business capabilities.
What Is a Business Analyst?
What Does a Business Analyst Do?
|University||Format||Number of Credits||Degree Type||Enrollment Type|
|Online||N/A||Certificate||Full-Time and Part-Time|
|Online||31||Masters||Full-Time and Part-Time|
|Online||36||Masters||Full-Time and Part-Time|
|University of Dayton|
|Online||39||Masters||Full-Time and Part-Time|
|Online||33||Masters||Full-Time and Part-Time|
Business Analysts Skills
How Much Does a Business Analyst Make?
Business Analyst Job Outlook
Business Analyst Professional Organizations
Interested in a Different Career? Check Out Our Bootcamp Guides Below
Business Analysts FAQs
There are various ways to become a business analyst. You may want to determine your career goals as a first step, then gain a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Some skills such as analytical and communication skills may help you grow to be a good business analyst. Learn more about how to become a business analyst.
The qualifications for business analyst positions vary depending on the organization and an analyst’s career goals. A bachelor’s degree is typically required for most business analyst positions. However, a master’s degree in business analytics may be useful for more advanced roles.
Everyone’s path is different, but there are a few common steps you may take to become a business analyst—the first of which is earning a bachelor’s degree. Depending on your career path, you may need other qualifications, including certifications or an advanced degree.
According to the BLS, the demand for management analysts (the same as business analysts) is due to grow by 14% between 2020 and 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations. However, this growth varies depending on where you work and which industry you focus on.