Developed by the School of Information Studies in conjunction with the Martin J. Whitman School of Management, the online MS in Applied Data Science draws insights from both the field of information studies and the field of management to help students effectively apply analytical concepts to gain insight from data. The MS in Data Science interdisciplinary curriculum focuses on four key learning competencies capture and organization, technical analysis, visualization and communication, and practical application. Each competency gives students an opportunity to develop a portfolio of resources and demonstrations while growing their specialization in one or more areas of interest. Offered in collaboration with the Martin J. Whitman School of Management, students also have the opportunity to take analytical business application courses, such as Financial Analytics and Principles of Management Science, allowing students to learn how to apply practical data science techniques to solve complex business problems related to big data and data analytics.
- Live, online class sessions each week
- Engaging coursework from world-class faculty
- A virtual campus that allows you to establish connections, track coursework, find social groups, and more
- Interdisciplinary curriculum with business applications
- GRE waivers available
- Earn your master’s in as few as 18 months
Learn More About DataScience@Syracuse