Why You Need A Data Science Mentor
What is Mentorship in Data Science?
What to Look for in a Data Science Mentor?
- How much time do I have to devote to this?
- Do I need a short- or long-term mentor?
- Is my need for a mentor immediate or time sensitive?
- How much time can you reasonably commit to working with me?
- Are you available to help me on time-sensitive issues?
- Do you foresee yourself remaining available on a long-term basis?
- What do I already know and not know?
- What do I need to know to progress in my career?
- What is stopping me from learning those skills on my own?
- What is your background in this field?
- Do you feel comfortable guiding me in X?
- What skill or leadership areas do you not feel prepared to mentor me in?
- What is my communication style?
- What am I most passionate about in this field?
- What are my most successful professional relationships like?
- What is your feedback style?
- Do you have a mentor and what made that relationship most effective?
- What do you spend most of your time on in your work?